About the Role
Full-service dine-in upscale Asian Restaurant located in Artesia, CA is looking for server. Full time or part time. Must be able to read and speak Chinese. Bilingual English/Chinese is a plus.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO:
* Welcome all guests who step in the door.
* Greet all guests at table.
* Respond to guest inquiries regarding food menu and beverage list.
* Inform guests of daily specials and make recommendations.
* Suggestively sell menu items, beverages, desserts, etc.
* Anticipate and respond to guest needs.
* Respond to guest concerns/complaints regarding food or service and correct errors or resolve complaints with a friendly, positive attitude.
* Organize and prioritize service per appropriate service sequence.
* Take menu, beverage and desert orders from guests and communicate orders to kitchen through the POS terminal.
* Check food orders prior to serving to ensure that they are correct, properly presented, and that special requests have been met.
* Deliver food and beverages to table.
* Perform opening/running/closing duties according to HBK policy.
* Maintain line of sight/atmosphere control by circulating through work area throughout shift.
* Have the ability to memorize menus and daily specials.
* Pre-bus tables: remove dirty plates, glasses, etc., from table once guest has finished.
* Clean spills on tables or around work area.
* Maintain HBK safety and sanitation standards
* Prepare guest checks (on the POS terminal) and check for accuracy.
* Receive payment and process cash or credit card transactions.
* Assist other servers or other employees as needed.
* Required to occasionally work additional shift if needed.
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
Must be able to commute and arrive at the restaurant before the daily opening.
2-5 years high volume working experience in restaurant operations.
Standard food preparation/presentation.
Skill in guest relations.
Ability to handle multiple tables at one time efficiently and with an upbeat, friendly attitude; read guests in order to anticipate their needs.
Must be able to speak Chinese Mandarin and/or Chinese Cantonese.
Shift: One-Shift (11am to 9pm), Monday to Friday, Weekend as needed
Some basic Point of Sales (POS) knowledge, and able to learn more.
Bilingual Chinese/English is a plus.
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
Working environment is fast-paced, often loud and stressful.
Position requires extended periods of prolonged standing and working on your feet.
Must be able to lift or move up to 20 lbs using proper lifting techniques.
About the Company
Happy Bee Kitchen is a Chinese restaurant that provides authentic Chinese cuisine to the surrounding community. At Happy Bee Kitchen, our journey is fueled by a passion for introducing the vibrant essence of Chinese culinary traditions to our local community. With each dish we prepare, we weave a story of tradition, innovation, and the artistry of flavors. Join us in celebrating the harmonious symphony of tastes that define Chinese gastronomy, right here in the heart of Artesia, California.
Experience the essence of our Chinese culinary mastery through the choice of dining in, take-out, or delivery.
If you think you are interested to apply for this position, please email your updated resume to email@example.com