About the Role
Full-service dine-in upscale Asian Restaurant located in Artesia, CA is looking for a Chinese cook with traditional Chinese cuisine experience. Full time. Must be able to read and speak Chinese Mandarin and/or Chinese Cantonese.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
* Handles most of the prep for all ingredients going into dishes during service.
* Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per check from servers.
* Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over prepare estimated needs.
* Date all food containers and rotate as per restaurant standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
* Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
* Return all food items not used on next shift or day to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
* Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems, control food waste, loss and usage per restaurant standards.
* Operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron and flat top grill - ensures restaurant adherence to health and sanitation standards.
* Follows and abides by all safety rules, policies, attendance rules, and procedures.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
Must be able to commute and arrive at the restaurant 30 minutes before the daily opening.
5 years or more high volume working experience in Chinese restaurant and kitchen operations.
High level of knowledge and cooking skill with traditional Chinese cuisine recipes.
Knowledge of industry standards on food storage and handling, techniques are highly desirable.
Standard food preparation/presentation.
Ability to maintain a professional and courteous demeanor during stressful and/or busy times with skill in team relations, with both the kitchen staffs and servers.
Ability to handle multiple orders with priority mindset for dine-in, take-out, and delivery at one time efficiently and with an upbeat, friendly attitude.
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
Working environment is fast-paced, often loud and stressful.
Position requires extended periods of prolonged standing and working on your feet.
Must be able to lift or move up to 30 lbs using proper lifting techniques.
About the Company
Happy Bee Kitchen is a Chinese restaurant that provides authentic Chinese cuisine to the surrounding community. At Happy Bee Kitchen, our journey is fueled by a passion for introducing the vibrant essence of Chinese culinary traditions to our local community. With each dish we prepare, we weave a story of tradition, innovation, and the artistry of flavors. Join us in celebrating the harmonious symphony of tastes that define Chinese gastronomy, right here in the heart of Artesia, California.
Experience the essence of our Chinese culinary mastery through the choice of dining in, take-out, or delivery.
If you think you are interested to apply for this position, please email your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org